Erectile dysfunction (ED), also known as impotence, is a common problem that affects millions of men worldwide. It is the inability to achieve or maintain an erection that is firm enough for sex. ED can have a significant impact on a man’s quality of life, self-esteem, and relationships. ED however, is NOT an inevitable occurrence as men age, but it IS a warning sign of a broader set of fundamental health problems. In this blog, we will explore the causes, symptoms, and treatment options for erectile dysfunction.
Causes of Erectile Dysfunction:
Erectile dysfunction can be caused by a variety of factors, including physical, psychological, and lifestyle factors. Some of the most common causes of ED include:
- Physical causes: Physical causes of ED include conditions that affect the blood flow to the penis, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, and obesity. Other physical causes include nerve damage, hormonal imbalances, and certain medications.
- Psychological causes: Psychological factors can also contribute to erectile dysfunction. Depression, anxiety, stress, and relationship issues can all affect a man’s ability to get and maintain an erection.
- Lifestyle factors: Lifestyle factors such as smoking, alcohol use, and drug use can also contribute to erectile dysfunction. These substances can damage blood vessels and decrease blood flow to the penis, making it difficult to achieve and maintain an erection.
However, of these causes, the overwhelming majority (around 95%) of cases of ED are because the man’s cardiovascular system isn’t working properly. While EROXON or even VIAGRA both work on the symptoms (i.e., the inability to sustain an erection) they don’t deal with the CAUSE so let’s look at this in more detail:
Put simply, the blood supply to the penis is very narrow…. so, it doesn’t take much to block it or reduce the flow. If that happens, a bit like blowing up a balloon, it simply can’t inflate. So, you get a weak erection or maybe none. This is particularly common in diabetes.
Symptoms of Erectile Dysfunction
The primary symptom of erectile dysfunction is the inability to achieve or maintain an erection that is firm enough for sexual intercourse. Other symptoms may include:
- Reduced sexual desire: Men with ED may experience a decrease in sexual desire or libido.
- Difficulty achieving an erection: Men with ED may have difficulty achieving an erection, even with sexual stimulation.
- Difficulty maintaining an erection: Men with ED may be able to achieve an erection, but have difficulty maintaining it long enough for sexual intercourse.
Treatment Options for Erectile Dysfunction:
There are many treatment options today which has been a massive boon for men (and their partners). Options include:
- Medications: Oral medications such as sildenafil (Viagra), tadalafil (Cialis), and vardenafil (Levitra). These all work in the same way, to help increase blood flow to the penis, making it easier to achieve and maintain an erection. These medications should only be taken under the guidance of a healthcare provider.
- Eroxon: Applied directly to the penis using a special applicator. Once applied, the medication is absorbed through the skin and into the erectile tissue. Does not require a man to have sexual stimulation to work.
Read our latest blog on Eroxon and everything you need to know about this breakthrough gel!
- Vacuum devices: A vacuum device is a plastic tube that fits over the penis, creating a seal that allows a vacuum to be created. This vacuum draws blood into the penis, causing an erection.
- Penile injections: Medications can be injected directly into the penis to help increase blood flow and achieve an erection.
- Surgery: Surgery may be an option for men with severe ED caused by a physical condition. In some cases, a penile implant may be surgically inserted to allow for an erection.
Lifestyle Matters: Erectile dysfunction is a huge RED FLAG about the unhealthy state of a man’s cardiovascular health, so maintaining a healthy lifestyle is crucial: Eating a healthy diet, exercising regularly, getting decent sleep and avoiding smoking and excessive alcohol use all help reduce the risk of ED.
Here at ProLongevity our mission is to address the root causes of disease, not merely mask the symptoms with ever more drugs while the disease itself gets progressively worse.
That’s why ProLongevity creates a nutrition and exercise plan that is uniquely tailored to your personal biology. This process of ‘Precision Nutrition’ can tackle the root cause of your ED as well as tackle many other health problems. In just 8 weeks, we’ll guide you to a healthier more sustainable lifestyle with regular 1-2-1 coaching from qualified health professionals.
Our goal goes much beyond treating diseases. We aim to help you Live Healthy for Longer. What value would you place having an extra 10 years of vital, healthy life?
So next time you consider a purchase of an ED treatment, please consider opting for a FREE, no-obligation exploratory call with our founder Graham Phillips. It might change your life AND your sex life for the better!