Our Founder

Graham Phillips

Graham Phillips is a registered pharmacist, Fellow of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society and the owner of iHeart Pharmacy Group, a multi-award-winning community pharmacy group based in Hertfordshire and Kent.

After practising pharmacy for over 35 years, Graham came to the conclusion that our ‘pill for every ill’ approach to healthcare is fundamentally flawed. Here’s why.

A Message From Graham

Today, it seems like everyone is taking a statin, an antidepressant — or even both. We are seeing entire societies being medicated.

But in reality, many of our treatments are symptomatic. The medication doesn’t treat the problem, it simply masks the symptoms. Stop the drugs and the problem comes back. This is true for blood pressure medication, statins for cholesterol, diabetes treatments, and much else besides.

After 35 years practising community pharmacy, I found myself questioning our ‘pill for every ill’ approach. As well as being fundamentally unhealthy, it was also incredibly expensive. A lifetime’s worth of symptomatic medication soon adds up! Long-term, it is financially unsustainable for the NHS. I knew there had to be a better way.

So, I went back to basics. I returned to the science I’d learnt all that time ago at University, and looked at the root causes of our problems. And I soon realised that lifestyle is key.

I discovered that your chance of living a long and healthy life is determined only 20% by genetics. The other 80% is based entirely on lifestyle. How fantastic is that? The solution was staring us in the face: change your lifestyle and you’ll live healthier, for longer.

But knowing what to do is one thing. Knowing how to do it is another. And with each person’s biology so different from the next, how do you know what is ‘healthy’ for you?

I understood that, if you know what spikes your blood sugar, you can tailor your habits to prevent a whole plethora of lifestyle-related diseases — which we term Metabolic Syndrome. So, I set about creating my personalised lifestyle programme, based on the careful analysis of what triggers each individual to experience blood sugar spikes. I called it ProLongevity.

ProLongevity is a chance to discover your true healthy. It helps you to permanently improve your lifestyle, eat right for your body, and live better for longer. ProLongevity is my solution beyond the pillbox — and I’m delighted to share it with the world.

The ProLongevity Podcast with Dr Bret Scher

Note: You can be confident about the ProLongevity service because it is run exclusively by qualified health-professionals. Graham Phillips, BPharm, FRPharmS, Dipp Comm Pharm our CEO is a registered pharmacist who has been in practice for over 35 years . Just like doctors and nurses, pharmacists are registered, regulated health professionals with a strict code of conduct. More here: https://www.pharmacyregulation.org/

Why ProLongevity - Want to know more?

Book a Free Health Assessment